God’s word, the final authority in all things, our code of conduct; relevant in all of life.
The Power of Prayer:
Foundational and woven into all our plans, reflects our dependence upon God.
All people viewed through God’s eyes; recognize their value; respect their worth.
Humble servants of Christ, authorized to be God’s representatives.
The Body of Christ:
Recognize and respect other believers; strive for unity in Christ.
Teaming with Spirit-filled nationals desiring to see Christ exalted in their country.
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally and fully inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and are the supreme and final authority in all matters (2 Timothy 3:16; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- In one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; three-in-one, co-equal, which is the Trinity (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and His ascension (Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1, 14, 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:3-7; Hebrews 1:3).
- Salvation is a divine and sovereign work of God and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man (Romans 8:11; Ephesians 2:5).
- Salvation is on the basis of God’s grace and is received through faith. There is nothing man can do to earn or deserve salvation; it is a free gift (Romans 3:22, 11:6; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 2:13; Titus 3:5).
- In the existence of Satan, who is working in the world to destroy the souls of men and women and that he and all who do not receive Christ as their Savior will eternally perish (2 Corinthians 2:11; Ephesians 6:12-13; 1 Peter 5:8).
- In God, the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells and empowers the believer and that believers are to be filled with the Spirit (John 14:26, 16:7-11; Galatians 5:22-26; Ephesians 5:18).
- That all born-again believers from all nations comprise the kingdom of God, a spiritual kingdom in the heart of these believers. Obedience to the Great Commission is the means of building the kingdom of God (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 1:8).
- In the “blessed hope,” the personal and advancing return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ at which time He will establish His literal, visible kingdom on earth, ruling all nations (1 Corinthians 1:7; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:12).
- The Church universal is called the body of Christ, instituted by Christ at Pentecost. The church is responsible for preaching the Gospel, making disciples, and planting local, New Testament churches. The church has two ordinances for believers; baptism and communion. (Matthew 16:18; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 9:22, 12:12, 27; Ephesians 4:3-6)
Our statement of faith is an identification of basic beliefs foundational to the ministry of SMI, and is not intended to be a comprehensive statement of all truths held by evangelicals.